June 24, 2013

5 more mins

Just 5 more Mins

This was a post by one of my friend in G+, He is wonderful writer.... Now i am Writing this in the same line.... How this 5 more mins matter.....

I stand in the room 
Watching your bed
Empty and flat
I wonder 
Will you ever comeback
5 more min
To sleep in that bed

I walk down the stairs
Slow and quite
Looking Back up
I wonder
Will  you ever run down
just to play 
Up and down 
for 5 more min

I sit in the dine
with your mother across
Both of us watching each other
I wonder will u ever
Come back
Sit in the table
5 more min 
to have break fast

Life is just 
5 more min
For me
As nothing else 
Rings my mind 
then you saying
"5 more mins Dad"

10 comments :

  1. 5 more min matter a lot. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful write. I will think about it during the day. I do think we need to pay attention to those 'five minutes' in our life. Someday we will wish we had them.....just five minutes more. Thank you for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...felt...the missing of someone, a kid...i was a bit of a prdigal myself so i know the other side of wanting that 5 minutes...and i am the father of boys too..so i know that...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm - you never know which 5 min matter, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This does make one reflect upon never taking for granted those daily routines........such an absence once someone is missing from around that table. A poignant poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool and modern. You've found a fine poet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. Very effective repetition. Prophetic words to haunt a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The original is very sad! I like the reflectiveness of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of Chapin's Song Cat's in the Cradle with more hope but still the empty feeling

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Visiting me.... I am very Honored by your presence.... Sorry If I haven't replied to you.... Will surely visit your page and share my Thoughts.....

HAVE A GREAT DAY MY PALS............... ;)

My Blog List

Total Pageviews