May 29, 2013

Poem 2---- Function of Freedom????

Poem 2

You free other
 for if only 
you free yourself...
We live in a world of commitment
Where we are knot
with the life cycle
Mothers Love holding us from flying
Father care making us stay there
Got married
Thought freedom was right here
Under your ear
well you were wrong
Freedom is totally gone
Now you have to support yourself
Take care of your new family
Cook, clean, eat, work, drive........
Hoof
Its a long day
Dont even relax for a time
Cant even watch a show at times
Kids, Birth, Health,
Support, stay, care,
You start where your parents lift you
Where to think of a free life
For me to even talk 
The function of free-dom


Verse First ~ The Function of Freedom

Poem 1

Want to free the Birds
From the Hunters
Want to free the Fishes
From the fisherman
Want to free the Trees
From the wood cutter
Want to free the water
From contamination
Want to free the women
From the abusing man
Want to free the Child
from the orphans
Want to free the mother earth
From exploitation......


16 comments :

  1. Wow - poem 2 was full of heavy emotion. Could feel the pain and tiredness from a long day of doing for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both very heartfelt poems, so well written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...aww, liked the progression in this... especially your poem 2... it was like creating slide shows as i read through... loved it! smiles...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed both of them. I believe young adults do think freedom comes with age, but really don't grasp the responsibility requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are arresting. I liked Poem 1 better - not poetically so much as because it's more in line with my own views, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both thought provoking and powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful...yet it broke my heart and soul. Setting someone free ain't easy...Lovely ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parents really do allow for a child's freedom to live and grow without fear. I have worked with those children who have not had that - your gift though hard is priceless

    Your expression is heartfelt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I resonated so strongly with both poems...........fantastically well said! I definitely know the tiredness of doing for others..........and love your lines about freeing the natural world from its captivity. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It my Honor to get such comment from you......... Thank you Mama

      Delete
  10. That Poem Number One really resonated with me! Strong writing. Strong points! Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have let yourself speak frank here. One thing required to free is have a free voice and you have done so!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You my friend...... As you were the reason for me to come back to this world of Writing...... and I have to say i had to dedicate this to you as your were my"Function of Life"

      Delete
  12. Loved your second poem - preservation of nature and freeing it from the clutches of destructive man.
    Dropping by from Verse Fist linkup.
    Suzy http://ilasoulpoems.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can relate to the first poem and the second one what beautiful sentiments =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks For Visiting me.... I am very Honored by your presence.... Sorry If I haven't replied to you.... Will surely visit your page and share my Thoughts.....

HAVE A GREAT DAY MY PALS............... ;)

My Blog List

Total Pageviews